All you need to know about Biotin
Posted on November 17 2022
What Biotin is about:
Biotin is a type of vitamin 'B.' It is also known as vitamin B7 and vitamin H. It's an important nutritional component in our body. This vitamin plays a vital role in converting our food into energy. It helps keep your hair, skin, nails, and nervous system healthy. It also helps break down certain nutrients like fats and carbohydrates. It is a form of vitamin B that converts the fat, carbohydrates, or proteins in the food you eat into energy. Keratin is a protein that improves your hair, skin, and nails. So it is clear that biotin promotes your body’s keratin infrastructure.
Biotin deficiency impact on the Body:
It is a nutritional disorder due to your body's water-soluble B vitamin deficiency, which can become serious with time. Its deficiency occurs in any age, ancestry, or gender. When the impacts of nutrients on your body are very low, this may lead to a B-7 lack.
There are many causes of biotin deficiency. Some of them are: The use of continuous medicines may be associated with biotin deficiency. Medication such as antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs. Medication may prevent your body from absorbing vitamins correctly. Additionally, they destroy the good bacteria in your gut that can produce biotin naturally.
Symptoms due to Biotin Deficiency:
Hair loss, Dry Hair, or damaged hair
Hypotonia or weak muscles
Dry or white eyes
Rashes on the skin, both red or patchy ones
Anorexia (Loss of appetite)
Guidelines for a Healthy Lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle helps to maintain good health and prevent chronic diseases and long-term illnesses. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle includes healthy eating, physical activities, weight management, stress management, and much more. Similarly, Vitamin B7 is very important for us in our daily life. Following are some health benefits of Biotin:
- Strengthen hair and nails: Biotin helps and improves the strength and durability of hair and nails. It is useful to promote healthy hair and strengthen nails. Many hair care companies are now using biotin in their products for strong and healthy hair.
- Improve the health of your skin: It also helps improve your skin's health. A deficiency of biotin can lead to many skin problems like rashes, acne, dryness, or cracking in the corners of the mouth.
- Vitamin B plays a vital role in the nervous system's function and affects hormone function. It plays a significant role in improving skin health.
- Support Metabolism: It plays a pivotal role in supporting metabolism and reacts as a co-enzyme to help break down substances such as fat, carbohydrates, and proteins.
- Regulate Blood Sugar: According to a recent study, biotin, along with chromium, might regulate blood sugar in people with diabetes.
Supplements may be an option if you need more biotin from your diet. Biotin supplements are necessary for normal body function. Many people use biotin supplements to improve the health of hair, skin, and nails. Different brands are introducing biotin supplements for hair growth. Bootinutrition Biotin is a dietary supplement that contains an effective amount of Biotin, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Selenium to provide users with healthy hair, nails, and skin. Take a look to learn more about the best biotin supplement.